So I bought a scooter from Best Buy for $350 and for the price it’s not bad. It has a large deck for standing, an LCD, a built-in Bluetooth speaker, disk brakes and large 10-inch air tires.
- Product Weight: 34.4 pounds (15.6 kg)
- Battery Charge Time: 5 hours
- Maximum Operating Range: 12 miles (19.31 km)
- Maximum Speed: 18 miles per hour (28.97 km/h)
- Power: 36 volts
- Battery Voltage: 36 volts
- Wattage: 450 watts
- Manufacturer’s Warranty – Parts: 3 years
- Manufacturer’s Warranty – Labor: 3 years
For the price this is the scooter to buy!
Hover-1 Alpha Electric Kick Scooter
There are many options to choose from but what makes this a good deal is the price to power ratio. If you're just looking for a good starter scooter I would give this a shot, just don't expect speedy customer service if you have an issue.
- The build quality is surprising good, it feels very sturdy and because of the tires it absorbs uneven terrain very well.
- It's fast, for my size (175 pounds (79.38 kg)), it gets up hills (that aren't to steep).
- It has tall handle bars, I'm 6'2" (187.96 cm) and I feel comfortable riding it.
- You can't see the LCD on a sunny day
- Your power will greatly diminish once you've reached less than 25% battery life
- Stopping on a downhill can be a bit scary.